Are you looking for a rental space to host your next party, sports activity or meeting?
Thunderbird Community Centre has a number of rooms for rent. Each room accommodates a different number of people and is priced accordingly. All rooms in our centre are easily accessible. Whether it is for a business meeting, family gathering, birthday party or a private gym rental, we have the perfect space for you!
Rates include a rental staff. 2 hour minimum.
|320 Square Ft
|Small Activity Room
|620 Square Ft
|1200 Square Ft
|4200 Square Ft
|Please note GST is applicable.
Steps to rent a facility
- Check availability online (vanrec.ca), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (604-713-1818)
- Submit a Rental Request. Once an available time is selected, you can make tentative rental requests online at vanrec.ca, over the phone, or in person.
- Rental Confirmation and Payment. Upon reviewing the request, the Rental Administrator will contact you to explain our payment policy, as well as explain any further requirements to finalize the rental agreement.
Policy and Procedures
- Renters are responsible for all set-up and clean-up of the rented room. Failure to do so within the rented time will result in additional charges.
- Only tables and chairs (and nets for gym rentals) are provided. All other equipment must be brought in by the rental group.
- No helium balloons, open flames, or confetti are allowed in the building.
- Alcohol is not permitted during rental functions unless authorized by the Thunderbird Recreation Supervisor or Board.
- Music royalty fees will apply to all groups that choose to play music. For more information, please see www.socan.ca or www.resound.ca.
- All rental groups who rent out space in our facilities must have valid proof of insurance for sports, dance, or any higher risk activities such as large events. A copy of the insurance must be submitted to finalize the rental, and can be purchased at www.eventpolicy.ca or www.sportbc.ca
Frequently Asked Questions
- The rental time a group books should include the time required to set-up and clean-up.
- A damage deposit of $200.00 will be required. Your damage deposit must be paid in full along with rental fees. Damage deposits will be refunded within 2 weeks of your rental date, should all rental policies be followed and space is left as found.
- All rental fees are to be paid at least 1 week (7 days) prior to your rental time, otherwise we will cancel the rental without notice.
- Cancellations must be made 7 days prior to the rental date/time for a single date rental, or 30 days prior to the rental date/time for seasonal rentals (rentals with weekly reservation dates) by calling 604-713-1818 and speaking to the office staff. (E-mails or voice messages are not accepted.) No shows are not acceptable and you will be charged for the rental time if cancellations were not made ahead of time. No exceptions!
- Thunderbird Community Centre may cancel a rental due to unforeseen circumstances but will do our best to give you as much notice as possible ahead of time. In such a case, the renter can choose to have the rental refunded back to the original form of payment, or transfer the credit amount to your next rental time.