SET UP AND CLEAN UP
- The party group may not enter the party space before the agreed upon time. They should take into consideration the time they require for set up and clean up and include this in the party time. A party group may not stay longer than the agreed times.
- In addition to the party time, 15 minutes is scheduled to set-up and clean-up.
- The party group must report to the staff at the start and end of party period. All participants in the party must follow the directions of the staff on shift, who is in charge of the building.
- All decorations must be taken down at the end of the party. No piñatas allowed, and all balloons must be popped and discarded prior to leaving. Packing tape and duct tape removes paint and damages the walls; painter’s tape only.
- Table covers are required for each table. They may be purchased at $1.00/table (8 guest/table) on the day of if you wish (white coloured table covers are available).
- The party group is held responsible for the clean-up of all food items in the party. The party group must leave the space clean and tidy and on time (or the damage deposit will be held).
- The party group is held responsible for the disposal of any helium tanks. If any helium tanks are left behind after the party, there will be a charge of $25.00.
- The party group may not cook food on the premises. The party group may not bring in heating equipment of any kind to use on the premises.
- The party group may use outside caterers to serve food on the Centre’s property during the party.
- There is no kitchen access. Freezer and refrigerator are not available. Please bring a cooler or icebox as needed.
- No alcohol or any substance containing alcohol may be brought in to or consumed on the premises.
- The full damage deposit of $100 may not be returned if any of the terms or policies are not abided and complied to. Damage deposit may take up to 2 weeks to be returned if applicable.
- Third-party contractors for mascots/characters, face painters and balloon twisting is allowed, and must adhere to the birthday time and cannot come earlier or stay later. All other contractors are not approved.
- The party group should not exceed the maximum number of 50 people (Multi-Purpose Room Package) or 100 people (Gymnasium Package).
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in and/or on the grounds of Thunderbird Community Centre, as per the City of Vancouver by-law.
- A party group found to be in breach of this agreement may be asked to leave the premises and forfeit all payments made.
- Cost of repairing any damage to the Centre or equipment caused by any participant in the party, including the cost of extra janitorial services will be charged to the party group.
- As of January 1st, 2020; the City of Vancouver has ban the usage of Styrofoam products. Hence, we respectfully ask patrons to not use it within our facility. For more info: https://vancouver.ca/green-vancouver/single-use-items.aspx
- If you require any modifications to your booking, please email Thunderbirdcc@vancouver.ca to request any changes.
- There are NO TIME EXTENSIONS. Parties are held back to back and we cannot accommodate any extensions.
REFUND, TRANSFERS AND CANCELLATIONS
- There will be an administrative charge of $25 applied to all refund requests and $4 to all transfer requests. Refunds will only be granted if provided at least 7 days prior to the party. If the request is not received by the office 7 days prior to the party date, a refund will not be issued.
- Parties may only be transferred up to two times within the same season.
- Thunderbird Community Centre reserves the right to cancel a party, when necessary. In this event, the payee will be fully refunded.
- Thunderbird Community Centre reserves the right to place your activity in equal or better facilities if the room is required in unexpected circumstances.
Thank you for booking your party at Thunderbird Community Centre.